This hive-top feeder above the frames of 10 frame hives (not available in 8-frame) It is one of our best sellers.
It is made from a durable hard, white and seamless plastic. It won’t leak or warp . It holds one gallon of liquid feed and sits on top of the inner cover in the hive.
Place the bottom hole of the feeder on top of the oval hole of the inner cover. Then surround the feeder with either a western (6 5/8”) super or shallow (4 5/8”) super to hold the top of your hive (any top of your choice).
If you have a Vivaldi board, this feeder fits nicely inside it. The bees enter the feeder through the bottom from the round hole. Once through the hole, they travel up the internal ridged cone. A durable plastic cup covers the cone which allows for the bees to eat the feed from a smaller area while at the same time protecting them from the rest of the syrup in the feeder. As the bees eat, the liquid feed flows from the outer edges of the feeder to under the plastic cup. It also comes with a white, plastic lid for extra protection for your feed.
It measures 15.5” long x 13” wide x 3” tall and only fits on 10 frame hives.
Benefits of using this feeder:
- Easy access to fill; don’t need to crack open the hive or disturb the cluster.
- Very inexpensive compared to other hive top feeders on the market.
- Extremely durable; won’t leak or break.
- Ready-to-use; doesn’t need to be painted.
- Keeps bee deaths to a minimum.
One pitfall of using this feeder:
- It is hard for the bees to get to the feeder in colder weather so we reccomend using in regions where the night-time temperature doesn’t reach below 50 degrees F.